Prep 2 mins
Cook 35 mins
As the title implies, simple. The rice is fry glazed before cooking in water, a reverse procedure of the norm.
- 100 g butter
- 450 g patna rice or 450 g long grain rice, washed and drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 pints boiling water
- Pre heat oven to 120c/250f
- Melt the butter in a pot and add the salt and rice. Keep stirring till the rice appears glazed.
- Add the water and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer till nearly all of the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Transfer the rice to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.