Recipe by Blain
I love fried rice, but I'm not a big fan of veggies. So this is my small portion simple fried rice I make often.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was a good basic recipe for fried rice. We like veggies in our fried rice, so I threw in some carrots and peas but otherwise made this as directed. I did double the recipe and I keep frozen rice in the freezer so these made for a quick meal. We all enjoyed it. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup uncooked rice, white enriched
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your rice however you choose.
- Put it in a container and let it sit in the refrigerator for a day or two (old rice just works better).
- Use just a little bit of butter and scramble your egg make sure break it up into small pieces.
- Set the egg aside for a minute.
- Put half of the butter in the pan and saute the diced onions.
- Now add the rice, the scrambled egg, to the pan and put in the rest of the butter.
- Add soy sauce now, use just enough to taste and colour. I don't think I even use .5 tbsp as I don't like it too salty.
- Sprinkle on your ginger and garlic powder.
- Keep stirring and breaking up any chunks of rice that are stuck together.
- Continue heating the rice for about 2 minutes.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!