Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
No chopping, no measuring! This is my eight-minute version of my mom's recipe, and you can't get much simpler, although you can get *much* more authentic. My mom gave me a can of spam and it was about to expire, so I figured I'd use it. When you're young, poor, and growling with hunger, you make do. The 20 minutes of cooking is waiting for the rice cooker.
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups white rice (uncooked)
- 1 -2 scrambled egg (optional)
- 2 pinches chicken bouillon (or to taste)
- salt, Pepper, and Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice in an automatic rice pot. In the meantime, boil the vegetables. Drain.
- Cut up the SPAM in the can with a steak knife. The pieces won't be uniform, but it's about speed, not neatness.
- Transfer the rice to a big pot on medium-high or high heat. Add all the other ingredients and stir until well-mixed. Season to taste.