Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
My husband is from SE Georgia and this was the first "Southern" recipe that my mother-in-law gave to me.
- Mix pancake mix and cornmeal.
- Add milk till batter is the consistency of pancakes.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet.
- When hot, drop batter into skillet as you would for pancakes.
- Turn when top stops bubbling.
These were good but tasted more like pancakes than cornbread. The kids really enjoyed them though....covered with honey.