Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
To refresh the palette. (Freeze time not included.)
Make and share this Simple Fresh Pear Ice recipe from Food.com.
- Microwave pear pieces (covered at high power) for 10 minutes or until tender; stirring once. Cool slightly; do not drain.
- Process in food processor the pears, cooking liquid, sugar, extract and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour into freezer-proof container and freeze until almost firm.
- Transfer to chilled bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Return to pan; cover and freeze.
This was lovely and refreshing - perfect for the hot weather! Made for ZWT6 Ya Ya's
Yum! We used the last lot of our home grown pears and I had it chilling in the freezer for about 2 days. We all really found it refreshing and Little Miss (DD) called it ice cream. It was a bonus for us, Little Miss is lactose intolerant and it was like getting a wonderful treat. Served it with a fresh fruit salad. Thanks for another great recipe gailanng
Yummy! The perfect treat for a hot day. The pear and almond are such a wonderful combo waltzing lightly over you tongue. Served in custard cup, but next time will dress up by serving in a martini glass garnished with a strawberry and mint leaf. DH said this reminds him of the Italian ices he used to get as a child. All I know is I will make again. Supper yummy, thanks so much for the post.