Recipe by reen31
This is a simple French Toast that everyone loves for Brunch on New Years' Day. I use whatever bread I have on hand, but I really like crusty Italian bread, cubed.
Top Review by The Big Cheese
Wow!! This was fantastic!! My bread was moist (unlike a few others who commented theirs was dry).... I used some homemade honey cinnamon bread that someone gave me and it was perfect. The cream cheese did stay in shape, but I think if people want it to melt or dissolve, use a whipped cream cheese instead, maybe. At any rate, we loved it and I'll be making it again.
- 12 cups bread cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 3 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the dish. Top with cream cheese.
- cubes and remaining bread cubes.
- Combine eggs, milk, melted margarine or butter, and maple syrup in a.
- blender container or mixing bowl. Process or beat with.
- a rotary beater until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread and cheese cubes. Using a.
- spatula, lightly press layers down to moisten.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap from baking dish. Bake, uncovered,.
- in a 325 oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until center.
- appears set and the edges are lightly golden. Let.
- stand about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with syrup.