1/2 Photos of Simple French Toast Strata
This is a simple French Toast that everyone loves for Brunch on New Years' Day. I use whatever bread I have on hand, but I really like crusty Italian bread, cubed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 3 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 2Place half of the bread cubes in the dish. Top with cream cheese.
- 3cubes and remaining bread cubes.
- 4Combine eggs, milk, melted margarine or butter, and maple syrup in a.
- 5blender container or mixing bowl. Process or beat with.
- 6a rotary beater until well combined.
- 7Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread and cheese cubes. Using a.
- 8spatula, lightly press layers down to moisten.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- 10Remove plastic wrap from baking dish. Bake, uncovered,.
- 11in a 325 oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until center.
- 12appears set and the edges are lightly golden. Let.
- 13stand about 10 minutes before serving.
- 14Serve with syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple French Toast Strata
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.8
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 303.8 mg
- Sodium 860.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 20.9 g