Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for a good yet simple made breakfast
- In a shallow bowl, crack eggs and pour milk. Whisk together. Put 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract in egg mixture. Mix. Set aside.
- In a skillet or gridle, melt one tablespoon of butter. Put on medium heat. The Skillet is ready when butter starts to bubble.
- Soak a piece of bread in egg mixture entirely on bothe sides. Put on the skillet. Flip the bread over when the side is golden brown. (approx 5 minutes) Wait another 5 minutes or uuntil the other side is golden brown.
- Continue this for the next 5 pieces of bread. Turn pan off.
- Enjoy! Goes well with Maple Syrup.
I doubled this recipe but followed exactly as written. I used texas toast instead of regular bread. We had never put vanilla in our french toast but we enjoyed it. I used 3/4 cup of milk instead of a cup. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
This is a tasty french toast, similar to what I usually make, but this has a larger amount of vanilla which is really a nice touch. I cut this to 1 serving using 1 egg and 1/3 cup of milk, which was perfect for my 2 slices of whole wheat multi grain bread. If someone was using a lighter bread they might want to use the smaller amount of milk. The toast came out soft without being soggy, just right. Thanks Jessie for posting this, made for PAC Spring 09.