Recipe by Jessie_loves_desserts
Great for a good yet simple made breakfast
Top Review by bmcnichol
I doubled this recipe but followed exactly as written. I used texas toast instead of regular bread. We had never put vanilla in our french toast but we enjoyed it. I used 3/4 cup of milk instead of a cup. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, crack eggs and pour milk. Whisk together. Put 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract in egg mixture. Mix. Set aside.
- In a skillet or gridle, melt one tablespoon of butter. Put on medium heat. The Skillet is ready when butter starts to bubble.
- Soak a piece of bread in egg mixture entirely on bothe sides. Put on the skillet. Flip the bread over when the side is golden brown. (approx 5 minutes) Wait another 5 minutes or uuntil the other side is golden brown.
- Continue this for the next 5 pieces of bread. Turn pan off.
- Enjoy! Goes well with Maple Syrup.