Recipe by danielrbeasley
Sans cinnamon to emphasize the vanilla flavor -- this easy-to-prep recipie is a favorite of my mom.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices white bread
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with milk, salt, sugar and vanilla.
- Melt the butter on a griddle surface over medium-low heat.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg batter, ensuring each side is coated evenly.
- Place battered bread on the heated griddle and fry both sides until golden brown -- approximately two minutes per side.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.