Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another Everyday Food Recipe that is very simple and slightly different from the other Flourless Chocolate cake recipes here. Very rich and decadent
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus more to grease pan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 275; with rack in center Butter a 9" springform pan Place butter and chocolate in a large bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted; cool slightly.
- Whisk yolks into chocolate mixture In a separate bowl whisk whites until stiff and glossy, adding sugar when they're half done.
- Whisk 1/4 of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then gently fold the chocolate mixture into the rest of the whites.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula Bake until cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and is set in the center, about 45 to 50 minutes Dust with confectioners sugar or cocoa powder before serving.
Thanks! This recipe is so good! The cake turns out so moist, dense (in a good way!) and so chocolate-y, but is still easy and fast to prepare. I served with raspberry sauce and whipped cream and got a ton of compliments.
This is a delicious cake, Carrie! I made it exactly as you directed and it was indeed very rich and decadent. I dusted it with confectioner\'s sugar as you recommended and served with whipped cream. I will look forward to serving this wonderful cake again! Thank you, Carrie!! Bev