Recipe by Pinay0618
Quick to put together marinade - throw everything in a big plastic food storage bag the night before, toss it in the fridge overnight, then roast. I love this kind of cooking during the week!
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 cut-up roasting chicken (8 pieces, about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut into 16 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, salt, olive oil, and Chinese five-spice powder in large bowl.
- Add chicken pieces; turn to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Arrange onion wedges in 13x9x2-inch roasting pan.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, atop onions.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Arrange chicken and onions on platter and serve.