Quick to put together marinade - throw everything in a big plastic food storage bag the night before, toss it in the fridge overnight, then roast. I love this kind of cooking during the week!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine garlic, salt, olive oil, and Chinese five-spice powder in large bowl.
- 2Add chicken pieces; turn to coat.
- 3Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 425°F
- 5Arrange onion wedges in 13x9x2-inch roasting pan.
- 6Arrange chicken, skin side up, atop onions.
- 7Roast until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 minutes.
- 8Remove chicken from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- 9Arrange chicken and onions on platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Five-Spice Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.3
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 3717.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 57.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder