Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I overheard someone in a grocery store saying that figs and mascarpone cheese were made for one another, so I went home and whipped this up. That was 3 years ago and we have been enjoying it every summer when figs are available in the Midwestern grocery stores. It is sweet, creamy and savory too. Just something different to try!
- 3 fresh figs, halved
- 3 teaspoons mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon agave syrup (may substitute honey)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Spread approx 1/2 t cheese on each fig half and arrange figs on a plate.
- Drizzle agave syrup/sweetener (or honey) over and around the figs.
- Sprinkle figs with 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of nutmeg.
Delish! Yes I still have figs even after the snow storm Saturday. I used Kefir cheese, honey so good. Thanks.
Hey this is great!! I'm always looking for different fig receipes. As I have a big fig tree in my front yard. I live in Portugal and from end of August till Oct. I have alot of figs, so this came in handy. Thanks for sharring your receipe with us.