Recipe by Bergy
It is important that you use a good quality fresh cheese and grate it yourself - do not use the ready grated cheese for this recipe. I serve this with crisp crunchy rolls & a fresh green salad Great lunch or dinner
Top Review by - Carla -
Pure Comfort Food! This recipe is simple and delicious - absolutely a "more-ish" type of meal. I had bought some nice Provolone the last time I was in Belgium and shredded this for use in the recipe. Next time I will add a bit of homemade basil pesto to the mix. Thank you for participating in the photo swap, it was fun and I hope you enjoy your photos :)
- 453.59 g fettuccine
- 226.79 g fresh Italian cheese, you grate it (Fontinella, romano, locatella or parmesan)
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml light cream
- 3 garlic cloves (or more)
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fettucini according to instructions.
- While the noodles are cooking melt the butter in a skillet and saute the garlic for 1 minute, add parsley and continue sauting for 4 additional minutes (use medium low heat you do not want to burn the butter etc).
- Add cream slowly and simmer 5 minutes.
- When the noodles are done drain well and return them to the pot.
- Pour the cream mixture over the noodles, add the cheese& toss.
- Serve piping hot.