Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a combination of several different recipes. My absolute favorite fried rice! Great for Lenten Fridays if you use the salad shrimp. Cook time includes cooking the rice, but leftover rice works just as well. Enjoy!
- 1 cup dry white rice, prepared according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) packagefrozen baby shrimp, thawed (or 5 oz. of any cooked meat such as pork, chicken, or beef, diced)
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage (optional)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, scramble eggs in 1 tablespoon of margarine until cooked through, breaking into small pieces with spatula.
- Remove eggs from pan.
- Add remaining margarine to skillet, along with onions, green pepper, celery, cabbage (if adding),and garlic.
- Saute until just softened (about 4 minutes).
- Add egg back to skillet.
- Stir in thawed shrimp and mixed vegetables.
- Heat through.
- Add cooked rice, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and soy sauce.
- Stir until rice is evenly colored and seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Serve with additional soy sauce, if desired.