Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This marinade makes enough for 1 - 1 1/2 pounds of flank steak or chicken breast meat. The cooking time is the marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- I like to do this in my blender.
- Pour marinade over meat in shallow glass, or other non-reactive container (a 1-gallon plastic zip-lock bag works well). Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
At last, a recipe for genuine TEXAS fajitas. Loved it and highly recommend it.