Recipe by MattsMom
A quick and easy casserole - my whole family loves it - not an easy task there! Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and a green salad. Also freezes well.
Top Review by MichMom
This is so easy, and so yummy! I served it with tortilla chips and sour cream, told them it was a "dip" and even my nacho/taco-hating 7 y.o. LOVED it! But it wasn't so soupy that it couldn't be eaten as a casserole. I used extra sharp cheddar, and found I could use even less than 2 cups - maybe 1.5 cups - therefore making it a bit "healthier". A definite winner in our house, and it will be made again and again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or more to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans (approx size)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans enchilada sauce (approx size)
- 10 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain off fat. Mix in 1 can of sauce and the refried beans. Blend well.
- Spray a casserole dish (9x13)with non-stick spray. Tear tortillas in strips, place a layer on the bottom of the pan. Spoon some of the meat mixture over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle a layer of grated cheese. Repeat for one more layer, using the remaining meat mixture. Put a final layer of tortillas over the top. Cover with more cheese. Pour last can of sauce over top.
- Bake @ 350 for approx 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.