Recipe by Cire
A pizza that has very basic ingredients, but my family and friends love the taste.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This was soooo good tonight. We made many different pizzas (pictures to come).
Previous Reviews I have made this time and time again with GREAT success, and yummy pizza to boot! Everyone loves it, and I am so glad to have this on here!!
: You deserve a HUGE pat on the back for this recipe! This is great pizza!!! People were all over this, and asking what I used as sauce. When I told them the answer, they were SO surprised.
This is the best simple pizza we have made, and I appreciate you putting it on here! Thanks so much Cire!
- 3 cups luke-warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 -10 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water, yeast, sugar, and salt to mixing bowl.
- Let sit 10 minutes. You should see bubbles of yeast (if not, you may have the wrong water temperature: start over).
- Mix in flour conservatively - don't add too much. After mixing it in, keep adding until dough is not wet looking and can be kneaded.
- Knead dough until smooth.
- Let rise at least 30 minutes (ideally 1 hour) at room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Split dough into pieces (3-5 depending on size of pizza).
- Roll dough out each to the size of your pan (toss if desired to help reach appropriate size).
- Sprinkle corn meal onto each pan.
- Place dough onto pans, stretching or squeezing if necessary to fit properly.
- Spread some tomato sauce onto dough, leaving about an inch around the outside without sauce.
- Spread some cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add additional toppings as desired.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until dough is fully cooked. The bottom of the pizza should be at least a little crispy.