Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a super simple candy recipe that everyone loves and has become a favorite at my office as well as our home.
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 lbs white chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, peanuts, marshmallows and peanut butter. Stir until evenly mixed.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, or in a double boiler, cook chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- Stir chocolate into cereal mixture. Mixture will be slightly runny.
- Drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper. Let set until firm, 2 hours. Store in an airtight container.
These are super simple to make & soooo yummy!!!! My family really enjoyed them. I made half a batch just to see if we liked them. I used creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy & added a bit more cereal & peanut butter. I also used white almond bark instead of white chocolate. I didn't want to wait 2 hours for them to firm up so I placed them in the freezer for about 6 minutes & they were ready. I'm thinking next time I may add some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips....This recipe is definitely a keeper!!
These were pretty good. I used chocolate rice cereal, half as much white chocolate and natural crunchy PB. They did need to be refrigerated, but the temp here has been in the 100's lately.
These are very good (Rocky Road!) candies, and are fast to make. I used bittersweet dark chocolate instead of the white, and used half the quantity. I also decreased the peanut butter to 25% (for DH's taste). Melting the chocolate in the microwave took one minute (I stirred every 10-15 seconds). The chocolate was all dry and the candies set in just over an hour. The full recipe would have yielded 4 dozen for me, so I must have been making them larger -- though I think it might be hard to get them smaller with the marshmallows. Your guests will definitely enjoy these yummy treats!