Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for your favorite fillings.
- Sift flour before measuring; spoon lightly into measuring cup and level without shaking or packing down.
- Combine flour and salt.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in vegetable shortening until uniform; mixture should be fairly coarse.
- Sprinkle with water, a tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork.
- Work dough into a firm ball with your hands; divide dough into two parts and press into flat circles with smooth edges.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll bottom crust to a circle about 1 1/2" larger than inverted pie plate.
- Gently ease dough into pie plate; trim edge even with plate and add filling.
- Moisten rim of bottom crust with water.
- Roll top crust the same way and lift onto filled pie; trim 1/2" beyond the edge of pie plate.
- Fold top edge under bottom crust and flute with fingers or fork.
- Prick or slit top crust to allow for escape of steam; bake according to time and temperature recommended for filling used.
So easy! Made with blackberry pie filling and it is amazing!
great simple recipe - thanks!
Easy, fast AND delicious. I've already used it a number of times with different fruit fillings.