Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Simple to make, awesome flavor. Blueberries and cream cheese in an egg rolls wrapper, with powdered sugar on top. This turned out so well that I am posting it to make again later. I used frozen blueberries, but I'm sure fresh would work as well, or perhaps some other fruit, or a small amount of canned pie filling. This is easy to put together, the instructions are long because I tried to explain how to wrap an egg roll. See the photos if they don't make sense.
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 40 blueberries (about 2/3 cup, depending on size)
- oil (for frying)
- Cream the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla. This works best if the cream cheese is softened, but the mixture will need to be chilled before using as a filling.
- Before you begin preparing your rolls, turn the heat on the oil to 350* F. I use a fry pot with a temperature gauge that holds the temp of the oil.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on the counter so you are looking at a diamond. Place 1/8 of the chilled filling in a rectangle between the two side corners, leaving enough space for the corners to be folded over. (I hope that makes sense, see the photos if it doesn't.) Place 4-5 blueberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold up the bottom corner of the wrapper, over the filling. Fold the two side corners over the filling as well. Roll away from you, and moisten the top corner to seal. (I dab my finger in a cup of water, and touch the top corner before I begin rolling.).
- Fry 3-4 at a time, allowing the oil to return to temperature between batches. Fry for 1 minute on the first side, flip and fry for 30 seconds more, until barely golden. The cream cheese filling will become liquid of you leave it in too long. Immediately dust with powdered sugar, and allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
- The filling is messy, and is best eaten with a fork, or over a plate.
I had some left over egg roll skins from tonights egg roll fry and my daughter asked me to make a dessert with the left over skins I had exactly what is listed in the recipe in my fridge..OMG these are GREAT but you better watch out you just might fing yourself eatting two. I used fresh blueberries and a tiny less sugar but never the less this was as easy as 123 and AWSOME !!!