Recipe by Krich
I got this recipe from my SIL. I get compliments every time I serve this. It also works well with pork. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Hwin
This was really easy and really good. I didn't have any cloves, so I left them out. I also added a little fresh rosemary because it was handy. I marinated the chicken for about 5 hours, then cooked it on a George Foreman grill. It was great and I will definitely be using this again! If you use a George Foreman and your chicken is rather thick, though, pound it thinner before marinating.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon thyme or 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first seven ingredients together in a Ziploc bag or container with lid.
- Clean chicken and pound to flatten if the breasts are thick. Place in marinade.
- Let marinate for at least two hours. You can put meat in marinade in the morning and cook for supper without fear of over-marinating.
- Be sure to remove the cloves before cooking.
- Grill or bake chicken until done.