Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my SIL. I get compliments every time I serve this. It also works well with pork. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon thyme or 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix first seven ingredients together in a Ziploc bag or container with lid.
- Clean chicken and pound to flatten if the breasts are thick. Place in marinade.
- Let marinate for at least two hours. You can put meat in marinade in the morning and cook for supper without fear of over-marinating.
- Be sure to remove the cloves before cooking.
- Grill or bake chicken until done.
This was really easy and really good. I didn't have any cloves, so I left them out. I also added a little fresh rosemary because it was handy. I marinated the chicken for about 5 hours, then cooked it on a George Foreman grill. It was great and I will definitely be using this again! If you use a George Foreman and your chicken is rather thick, though, pound it thinner before marinating.
All I can say is WOW ! What an incredible dinner we had tonight. And the chicken breast was the star of the show! I had intended to marinate this for dinner on Saturday but ended up cooking it on Sunday. But the taste of the chicken was out of this world! Very moist and juicy....with lots of garlic flavour and a little bit of sweetness that the brown sugar added. Only change I made was adding 1 tbsp. of hoisin sauce and 3 of the soy sauce. I can't wait to have some company over so that I can make this one again ! Thanks so much, Krich!
Super easy, I didn't have cloves on hand so I didn't use them...next time I will! Great flavor, this is a keeper.