Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Adapted from Simple & Delicious. My family enjoys this pot roast.
Make and share this Simple & Delicious Pot Roast (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- Place potatoes and carrots in crock pot.
- Cut roast in half.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper and rub over roast.
- Place in crock pot and top with onion and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
This came out very tender and delicious.Made gravy with the drippings
I prepared this according to instructions and DH and I both enjoyed it. The flavor created by the combination of ingredients was interesting and tasty and the meat was tender. Thank you for posting.