Recipe by Deblet
My crockpot is one of the hardest working tools in my kitchen. Since we're a busy household, I like to put meals on in the morning and have them ready when we get home at night. This roast is so simple, and really, really good. Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by LorenLou
Absolutely the best pot roast I have ever made, and pot roast is my comfort food of choice so I've made a few! Normally I keep canned french onion soup on hand, but didn't have any this time. So, I sliced a small onion thinly and placed it in the crockpot. The seasoned roast went on top of them and a can of beef consomme and cream of chicken as the soups. Also threw in a whole bag of baby carrots and 4-5 medium potatoes, cut up. A to-die-for meal, IMHO. This is the only pot roast I will make from now on.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (Use any cream soup that you like. We use chicken) or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (Use any cream soup that you like. We use chicken) or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (Use any cream soup that you like. We use chicken)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, I use Tony Chatchery's
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw roast if frozen. Trim excess fat (alittle is ok!). Rub all over with cajun seasoning, sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Put roast in bottom.
- Mix together both soups, and pour over.
- Cook on low heat until tender and falling apart. Slice and keep in gravy.
- Serve with salad and mashed potatoes.