Recipe by Chef Kat.
A healthy and delicious pasta, made with natural ingredients a fresh almost non cooked sauce that you and your family should definitely try, Enjoy!!
- 250 g penne pasta
- 4 firm ripe tomatoes
- 8 -10 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the tomatoes for about 4-5 minutes. Not fully cooked just until they kinda crack and the tomato skin come off easy. Peel them, get the seeds out and then dice them.
- In a large bowl: Add the diced tomatoes, the fresh basil, oregano and thyme finely chopped, the garlic and the extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and pepper for taste. Mix all the ingredients and to combine this delicious flavors just put them away for a bit -- while the pasta is cooking.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente or just follow the package instructions.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 1/2 inch cubes.
- When the pasta is ready, save a 1/4 cup of pasta water, just in case the sauce looks a little dry or if you just want it a little more saucy.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss the hot pasta in the bowl with the fresh tomato mixture, add the mozzarella then toss again. Add pasta water if necesary.
- Plate, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!