Recipe by CASunshine
3 ingredients come together quickly, then just pop it in the oven and relax or prepare the rest of your meal! Tomatoes take the"slippery" out of the okra. This came from my favorite OklahoMAN's mom. I think it's one of those tasty "Everybody Cooks It" recipes from the mid-west.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesliced frozen okra (or equivalent in fresh)
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, stewed style if you prefer
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 1/2 the okra, 1/2 the sliced onion and 1 can tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Place oven on "broil" and broil for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Onions and tomatoes should just start to turn golden.
- Be creative with your own addition of veggies or seasonings!