3 ingredients come together quickly, then just pop it in the oven and relax or prepare the rest of your meal! Tomatoes take the"slippery" out of the okra. This came from my favorite OklahoMAN's mom. I think it's one of those tasty "Everybody Cooks It" recipes from the mid-west.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°.
- 2Spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- 3Layer 1/2 the okra, 1/2 the sliced onion and 1 can tomatoes.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 7Place oven on "broil" and broil for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- 8Onions and tomatoes should just start to turn golden.
- 9Be creative with your own addition of veggies or seasonings!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Delicious Okra Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g