Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
3 ingredients come together quickly, then just pop it in the oven and relax or prepare the rest of your meal! Tomatoes take the"slippery" out of the okra. This came from my favorite OklahoMAN's mom. I think it's one of those tasty "Everybody Cooks It" recipes from the mid-west.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 1/2 the okra, 1/2 the sliced onion and 1 can tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Place oven on "broil" and broil for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Onions and tomatoes should just start to turn golden.
- Be creative with your own addition of veggies or seasonings!
This was fantastic! We love okra anyway we can eat it. This was very easy to make and you can spice it up anyway you like! DH says not to lose this recipe! Thanks!!
I made this for a lady that I take care of on the weekends. She loves okra and had a recipe that had okra and tomatoes but had lost the recipe. She was so excited when I made this and she loved it. I added garlic powder in between each layer in addition to the salt and pepper. Thanks for posting
I loved it. My hubby raved about it and has told everyone he ran into. Plus its a great way to use up extra okra without having to fry it so long.