Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chopped liver is is so easy, yet so simple to prepare. My family always looks forward to Passover dinner, because they know I'll be serving it with matzo crackers. It's also delicious on bagels the rest of the year. The pinch of sugar keeps the liver from having any bitter taste and makes such a difference when you use it.
- 1 lb chicken liver, rinsed, membranes removed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- In a frying pan, heat oil. Add onions and sautee until golden brown. Remove to a plate. Add chicken livers to pan and fry until completely cooked, and no longer wet. Remove to a plate and let onions and livers cool completely.
- Once cool, place livers and onions together in a food processor. Process, until desired texture, taking care not to over process, as chopped liver should have a bit of texture.
- Place mixture in a bowl and add salt to taste, and a pinch of sugar. Add eggs and stir until blended.
- Chill several hours before serving.
This is so simple and delicious. My wife being from Brooklyn, N.Y. and I retiring from the New York City Fire Dept. Believe me I know Chopped Liver. Now living up in the Allegheny Mtn's of Northern PA. We had gotten away from such wonderful foods. Passover or any other time of the year(and I have seen Christmas tables with this wonderful tidbit). Thank you for a Blast from the past. It goes in my Favorite list. Thank you and God Bless. Cap'n Jack
Delicious! Very easy. I made it over the xmas holidays for my in-laws. My first time making this spread. The only change was I added the hard boiled eggs to the food processor. Will make again. I served with thin sliced bagette.