1/4 Photos of Simple Delicious Butternut Squash
1 hr 10 mins
This is very tasty, healthy and easy to make. I serve this with Ginger Yogurt Sauce which is excellent or plain yogurt on a bed of spiced middle eastern rice such as, Yellow Rice with an addition of raisins or Arabic Style Rice With Lamb Meat, using ground beef and Baharat Aka Middle East Mixed Spices - the Real Mix instead of allspice for better flavour. Lately we love it on top of Rice with Almonds and Dates as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Deseed and wash squash. Keep the peel on.
- 3Greese 9" X 13" pan with 1 tbs of the canola oil.
- 4Place squash half face down in pan and carefully add water up to 1 1/2"s from the bottom of the pan.
- 5Put in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until tender.
- 6Take squash out of oven and empty any remaining water.
- 7Flip squash carefully and sprinkle dark brown sugar, and cinnamon over top if using.
- 8Drizzle with remaining canola oil.
- 9Place in oven until sugar is melted approximately 7 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and let cool if you have time this way you can peel the squash for easier eating.
- 11What I do is make rice and then warm it all up in the same greased pan with the peeled squash on top of the rice which I slice into two pieces for DH and I.
- 12(We eat from the same serving platter adding yogurt to our individual portions.).
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Delicious Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g