1/1 Photo of Simple & Delicate Fettuccine Alfredo
The Simple Recipe Diva's Note:
I've seen a lot of recipes that takes this simple recipe and makes it spicy or changes it in such a way that I wasn't able to find one that was based on the original dish that I fell in love with. I'm adding it back it mostly for myself - but if anyone is interested, enjoy! As a note, the sauce will appear to be too thin and, if you are like me, you will want to add more cheese or other ingredients to thicken it up. Resist the temptation to do that - when the pasta is added to the sauce, the consistence will be perfect. The key to this dish is the combining at the last step. Serve with a salad Pare with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or if a sweeter wine is desired, try a German Riesling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook fettuccine until al dente, drain and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- 3Add heavy cream & pepper.
- 4When butter & heavy cream are almost boiling, slowly start adding cheese. Lower the heat to medium. Continue to whisk until all grated cheese has melted. About 5 minutes.
- 5Sauce will be slightly thin. The sauce will probably not be thicker than a thin gravy consistency. It won't matter.
- 6Slowly add pasta into the alfredo sauce. Toss liberally!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple & Delicate Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1963.7
- Calories from Fat 1062
- Total Fat 118.0 g
- Saturated Fat 70.0 g
- Cholesterol 531.5 mg
- Sodium 1454.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 59.3 g