Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've seen a lot of recipes that takes this simple recipe and makes it spicy or changes it in such a way that I wasn't able to find one that was based on the original dish that I fell in love with. I'm adding it back it mostly for myself - but if anyone is interested, enjoy! As a note, the sauce will appear to be too thin and, if you are like me, you will want to add more cheese or other ingredients to thicken it up. Resist the temptation to do that - when the pasta is added to the sauce, the consistence will be perfect. The key to this dish is the combining at the last step. Serve with a salad Pare with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or if a sweeter wine is desired, try a German Riesling.
- Cook fettuccine until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add heavy cream & pepper.
- When butter & heavy cream are almost boiling, slowly start adding cheese. Lower the heat to medium. Continue to whisk until all grated cheese has melted. About 5 minutes.
- Sauce will be slightly thin. The sauce will probably not be thicker than a thin gravy consistency. It won't matter.
- Slowly add pasta into the alfredo sauce. Toss liberally!
I liked that this wasn't a heavy sauce, I just found it a bit bland, so I added a little salt and garlic. Made for PAC Spring 2011