Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from a website that does just vegetables. With a few tweaks, I made it mine. Hope you enjoy, also!
- 4 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl with a lid, combine cucumbers, onions and dill. In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, water and salt; bring to a boil. Pour over cucumber mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours, but better overnight.
This recipe was well-written, with amounts clearly noted. The directions were easy to follow and the dish came together quickly, although you could reduce the prep time substantially by using a mandoline or a food processor for the slicing.<br/><br/>I did find the dressing a little on the sweet side. I will reduce the sugar by half the next time I make this salad. If you're a fan of sweet salads, though, you'll like it just as written.<br/><br/>Thanks for the posting. It's going into my "recipe box" along with a note about the sugar.
Tasty! Made as directed except for one exception, I couldn't find any apple cider vinegar so I used white vinegar. It still tasted good. Next time I will make it with the vinegar called for. Thanks for posting :) Made for PAC 2010