Recipe by Nolita_Food
Very refreshing for the summer. Cook time include chill time.
Top Review by Well-Aged Cooky
I saw your recipe for pickled mustard greens, a great favorite of mine. So I had to check your other recipes. This sounds like something I could easily eat for my whole meal. It sounds delicious and refreshing. I have heard that Vietnamese cooks are the best in the world. Looks to me like that is true!
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced cross-wise
- 1 cucumber, seeded, cut length-wise then thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or any fruit vinegar)
- 2 -3 tablespoons sambal oelek (I tend to eat very spicy, you can adjust to your taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper