Recipe by Chef Kate
This is so simple and basic and really quite delicious. It's sort of a cross between a quiche and a frittata; it can be made ahead and re-heated; it's good hot or at room temperature. And, it lends itself to all sorts of variations -- other vegetables, other cheeses, ham or bacon or crab.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Yummy! You saved me from boring scrambled eggs for breakfast, as I'm doing a no carb week. I used cheddar cheese (since I don't care for swiss too much) and frozen broccoli florets. This recipe worked perfectly and tastes great! I love the touch of garlic and nutmeg. Thank you!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blanch the broccoli, saving the stems for soup (If you are using frozen broccoli, thaw it).
- Beat eggs and cream, then add the cheese and mix well.
- Stir in the broccoli, salt, garlic powder (Whole Foods has an excellent organic variety), and pepper.
- Pour into a nine inch quiche pan and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.