Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so simple and basic and really quite delicious. It's sort of a cross between a quiche and a frittata; it can be made ahead and re-heated; it's good hot or at room temperature. And, it lends itself to all sorts of variations -- other vegetables, other cheeses, ham or bacon or crab.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blanch the broccoli, saving the stems for soup (If you are using frozen broccoli, thaw it).
- Beat eggs and cream, then add the cheese and mix well.
- Stir in the broccoli, salt, garlic powder (Whole Foods has an excellent organic variety), and pepper.
- Pour into a nine inch quiche pan and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Yummy! You saved me from boring scrambled eggs for breakfast, as I'm doing a no carb week. I used cheddar cheese (since I don't care for swiss too much) and frozen broccoli florets. This recipe worked perfectly and tastes great! I love the touch of garlic and nutmeg. Thank you!
I made this as stated, and either my Swiss cheese had no flavor or the recipe needed the bacon and cheddar cheese that the other reviewers added. I think this recipe is a good starting point. Made for Veg 'N Swap tag.
YUMMY! I like a good quiche, and this one is a keeper. I also added bacon to mine, just as a personal preference since I like a bit of bacon in any quiche I eat. Thanks for posting your recipe. Made and reviewed for 123 wonders tag game.