Recipe by BlondieItaliana
This is a simple recipe for a Turkey Breast on the bone. It comes out very moist. The next day I take the remaining turkey meat & make open faced turkey sandwiches (1 can Campbell's Turkey Gravy mixed with 1 can of Campbell's Mushroom Gravy in large skillet - heat on medium then add turkey meat, reduce heat & simmer on low until ready to serve on sliced bread).
- 5 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast (I use bone in but you can also use boneless)
- 1 large onion (sliced into 4 thick slices)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (I usually use College Inn)
- garlic powder
- 2 raw garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash & dry turkey breast. Leave skin on.
- Rub entire breast with olive oil. Season entire breast with salt, pepper, & garlic powder (including under the skin). Top with 2 cloves of raw garlic.
- Coat bottom of crock pot with olive oil.
- Add the 4 thick slices of onion to crock.
- Place turkey breast on top of the onion (onion makes a little shelf for breast so it does not stick to bottom of crock).
- Add the 2 cans of broth to bottom of crock (try not to wash off the seasoning on the turkey breast).
- Cover with lid & cook on high x 1 hr then low for 6-8 hrs (or just cook on low for 8-10 hrs.).