Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a simple recipe for a Turkey Breast on the bone. It comes out very moist. The next day I take the remaining turkey meat & make open faced turkey sandwiches (1 can Campbell's Turkey Gravy mixed with 1 can of Campbell's Mushroom Gravy in large skillet - heat on medium then add turkey meat, reduce heat & simmer on low until ready to serve on sliced bread).
- Wash & dry turkey breast. Leave skin on.
- Rub entire breast with olive oil. Season entire breast with salt, pepper, & garlic powder (including under the skin). Top with 2 cloves of raw garlic.
- Coat bottom of crock pot with olive oil.
- Add the 4 thick slices of onion to crock.
- Place turkey breast on top of the onion (onion makes a little shelf for breast so it does not stick to bottom of crock).
- Add the 2 cans of broth to bottom of crock (try not to wash off the seasoning on the turkey breast).
- Cover with lid & cook on high x 1 hr then low for 6-8 hrs (or just cook on low for 8-10 hrs.).
The skin is not crispy when this is done. I either throw the skin out or put the turkey in a high oven for 20 minutes or so to crisp up the skin.
I used a 3-1/2 pound turkey breast with bone. Used only 1 can of chicken broth. Absolutely moist and delicious. I made this as a trial run to see how it was before I make it for Thanksgiving. I'm sure everyone will love it as much as me. What a great way to have breast meat that is not dried out. Thanks for posting.
Very good and easy to make. I had a turkey breast in the freezer I wanted to use up. I followed the recipe exact my breast was only 3 1/2 pounds. I still left all the other ingredients the same. This was very tasty. I cooked mine on high for an hour and on low for three and it was done. My breast had a pop up timer. This made for a great Sunday dinner.