Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From a crock pot cookbook, these sandwiches are messy, but oh so yummy!
- 5 lbs sausages (I like the spicy ones!) or 5 lbs bratwursts (I like the spicy ones!)
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine everything in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
- Serve on Italian rolls with Provolone cheese.
Messy, yes.:) But also very tasty and easy to make! We aren't fans of bratwurst, so I used about 1/3 lean hot italian sausage and 2/3 coil garlic sausage chopped up. I also substituted a yellow pepper for the green and served it on a homemade whole wheat roll. It doesn't get any easier and we really enjoyed these sandwiches. Thank you, Candace!
ah . I 've made ??that as it was exactly like in the recipe . But I'm not sure that I make sense . I guess its shape better even yours . I may have failed and finally I better buy in food delivery nearby Raja Makan in place. but thank you very much for the recipe .