Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
I made this for my husband when he had to eat his food soft and not too spicy. He loved this! This is a good starting point recipe, so feel free to add vegetables if you like. You may also use any chicken part for this recipe.
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts (bone in)
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 2 (49.32 g) package chicken gravy mix or 2 (49.32 g) package mushroom gravy mix or 2 (49.32 g) package brown gravy mix
- Place chicken breasts(you may remove bones if you like) in crock pot. Pour in chicken broth. If it doesn't cover the chicken, you may add a little bit of water. Cook on low 8 hours, or high 4-5 hours. Check for tenderness. When it fall off the bone when pulled with a fork, remove from crock pot. Remove bones.
- In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of broth from crock pot. Add 2 packages gravy mix and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes. If you like you can make gravy from scratch, using the crock pot broth.
- Serve gravy over chicken. I always serve this with mashed potatoes, but noodles would be good too. You may season to taste at this point, but the gravy mix and the chicken broth are pretty salty, so taste first. Enjoy!
- I served this to my husband, only using 1 cup broth and 1 gravy package. I refrigerated the rest of the chicken and broth, making it again the next day with the other gravy package.
I made this recipe on 10/24/10 for 3 events Sharon123's" Cook-A-Thon "event @Food.com,also for Sharon123's" Cook-A-Thon " and Crockpot/Rice Cooker event @KK's site.I didn't have any chicken broth, so 14 1/2 of water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes were used. The parts of chicken that were used was a boneless, skinless breast,and a very large bone in thigh.Since there was just the two of us, my small 1.5 quart crockpot was perfect for this recipe.For the smaller crockpot, the chicken took about 6 hours on low to cook through.For the gravy, I took about 1 1/2 cups of the broth and brought it to a boil in a small saucepan, added the gravy mix and whisked until the desired thickness was reached.After tasting, all the seasoning that needed to be added was a bit of black pepper. I served the chicken/gravy over mashed potatoes with lima beans as a side.We both thought it was very good,and I really enjoyed the simplicity of this recipe. And come on, "How can you go wrong with a crockpot and pre-packaged gravy mix ?".This will be made again and again. Thanks so much for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
Great go-to recipe for those nights that I know I won't have time to fuss with dinner preps. I used a mushroom gravy mix and boneless chicken breasts and cooked it for 4 hours. Served it with diner's Fettuccine All'alfredo and broccoli! It was a huge hit with the whole family! So glad I tagged you in 123 Hits.
Very good I found that water was definitely needed though and found reduced sodium chicken broth was our preference. Will make again!