1/4 Photos of Simple Crock Pot Chicken
I made this for my husband when he had to eat his food soft and not too spicy. He loved this! This is a good starting point recipe, so feel free to add vegetables if you like. You may also use any chicken part for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts(you may remove bones if you like) in crock pot. Pour in chicken broth. If it doesn't cover the chicken, you may add a little bit of water. Cook on low 8 hours, or high 4-5 hours. Check for tenderness. When it fall off the bone when pulled with a fork, remove from crock pot. Remove bones.
- 2In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of broth from crock pot. Add 2 packages gravy mix and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes. If you like you can make gravy from scratch, using the crock pot broth.
- 3Serve gravy over chicken. I always serve this with mashed potatoes, but noodles would be good too. You may season to taste at this point, but the gravy mix and the chicken broth are pretty salty, so taste first. Enjoy!
- 5I served this to my husband, only using 1 cup broth and 1 gravy package. I refrigerated the rest of the chicken and broth, making it again the next day with the other gravy package.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 117.9 mg
- Sodium 1906.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 44.8 g