Recipe by Dulcet Kitchen
After reviewing several other bratwurst and sauerkraut recipes, I found that none of them fit what I wanted, so I made this up, and it was delicious. Perhaps someone else looking for that good, simply bratwurst and sauerkraut recipe will find this useful.
- 1 lb uncooked bratwurst
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, in 1 . 5 inch chunks
- 1 onion, in 1 inch chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- sour cream or mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot, followed by onion.
- Place whole (not cut up!) bratwurst over top of the onion and potatoes.
- Spoon sauerkraut over bratwurst, and then pour water over the sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and parsley.
- Cover with crock pot lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with sour cream and/or mustard.