Recipe by Starrynews
A great recipe from Kraft Food & Family, Winter 2008 edition (I just love that magazine!). I substituted sauteed green pepper and onion instead of the peas, as a personal preference, and it was great.
Top Review by Julie
Definite five-stars from my six and three-year-old girls! They devoured this. It was crazy easy and fast which is what we are looking for on gymnastics night. I did make a bunch of substitutions with what I had on hand. I used canned peas (and only put them in the girls' bowls as I can't stand peas). Added a touch of garlic salt and some pepper. Didn't have mozzarella so I used "farmers cheese" from Sam's club along with Sam's cheese tortellini. Also, I didn't have bacon so I cut up some turkey sausage (yep, also from Sam's)and threw it in there. Used Neufchatel (low-fat cream cheese). Yum! Thanks so much for a great recipe.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 18 ounces cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup Italian cheese blend or 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth and water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and add tortellini.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 8-9 minutes, covered.
- Add cream cheese and veggies and heat until cream cheese is completely incorporated.
- Add shredded cheese and meat and stir well.