1/1 Photo of Simple Cream of Veggie Soup
Amy Duchesne's Note:
This recipe was given to me from my sister-in-law. I changed it a bit and it is absolutely delicious and very filling. I like to serve it before a light meal, like fondue. Don't let making a soup from a roux scare you- it is super easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup broccoli floret (a little bit more than a cup is fine)
- half an onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (1 tsp. for veggie prep and 1 tsp for soup prep.)
- 4 tablespoons liquid, chicken bouillion concentrate (use 2 tbsp. for veggie prep and the other 2 tbsp. for soup prep.)
- 1 cup whole cream (15% works good too)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 -3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1In a medium stove top pot combine carrots, broccoli, onion, 2 tablespoons chicken bouillion, 1 tsp worchestershire sauce and enough water to cover vegetables. Cover and boil until the carrots are super tender.
- 2Once veggies are done place them and their juice into a blender ( it's ok that they are hot but hold a folded up dish cloth on top of your blender lid while blending to avoid injury or mess. And DON'T over fill the blender! Leave at lest 1/4 of the space clear!) Once everything is blended, set aside.
- 3In a large stove top pot melt the butter or margarine on med-high. Add the flour to the butter and whisk for 1 min until well mixed and the flour taste is cooked out of the mixture ( you have just made a roux.). Now quickly add about a cup of milk into your flour mixture carefully whisking out the lumps until you have a smooth texture.
- 4If you see your mix thickening up add more milk, never stop whisking.
- 5As you see your mixture thickening add more milk until your milk is gone, then add cream and then add water and your vegetable puree and the last 2 tablespoons chicken bouillion and 1 teaspoons worchestershire sauce. But add these ingredients only as you see your mix thickening all the while whisking.
- 6Once everything is added lower your temperature to med-low and whisk until desired thickness is achieved.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Cream of Veggie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.8
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: