Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy way to make regular boxed stuffing a little more festive -- and pack a nutritional punch as well
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix, any flavor
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- sage (optional)
- Heat water, butter, and cranberries together until boiling.
- Add Stuffing (and optional sage) and mix well.
- Quickly add Italian style breadcrumbs (more for dryer stuffing, less for more moist stuffing) and stir well.
I added some sautéed Granny Smith apples and some allspice. It was a HIT! Will definitely use this one again next year!
I have made this before and do not usually add the additional breadcrumbs. I made this tonight using Stove Tops' Savory Herb stuffing mix and added dried chopped dates and golden raisins instead. It was awesome stuffed into porkchops and baked!