Recipe by Julesong
I've had this one in my files for a while, although I haven't tried it yet. Plan to, very soon! :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package instant couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth or water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the salt, oil, and cranberries to the boiling water. Stir in the couscous, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes, covered.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve. Goes well with minted lamb.
- Makes 4 side dish servings.
- Julesong note: I think some chopped nuts such as pecans or pine nuts could be a good addition, as well as spices such as cinnamon and/or nutmeg.