Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This slightly different cranberry salad has been served daily in a locally favorite "home-style" restaurant. It is among the most requested of their delicious recipes. Most of the ingredients are usually on hand in many kitchens.
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 (1 lb) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add reserved pineapple juice and cool to room temperature.
- Whip cranberry sauce with beater and add to the cooled gelatin mixture along with the pineapple and toasted pecans.
- Pour into gelatin mold or 9"x 11" serving dish.
- Chill until set.
- NOTE: Cooking time refers to"chilling until set" time.
I made this for the extended family when they came to visit for Father's Day. My son-in-law gobbled it up and he's a picky eater. My husband loved it as well. I made it as posted but I didn't bother to wait for the mixture to come to room temp. I mixed it up, except for the nuts, then I removed a little bit for the non-nut eaters. I put it in the refrigerator and served it the next day to rave reviews. It will become a staple for family dinners, I'm sure. I may have to double it next time so we can have some leftovers!