Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe adapted from a 1973 book called "Chinese Cookery"
Make and share this Simple Crabmeat and Asparagus Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Flake crab meat, removing hard membranes. Remove flowers from asparagus and set aside. Cut stalks into 2" pieces. Cook asparagus flowers and stalks in boiling, salted water for 3 minutes then drain.
- In a large pot, bring sherry, soy sauce and chicken broth to a boil.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet or wok on medium heat and cook green onion for no more than 1 minute. Add crab meat and asparagus for 2 minutes more.
- Add vegetables and crab meat to the broth mixture. Stir in hot sauce and corn starch mixture. Simmer until broth thickens slightly (about a minute).
- Garnish with chives and serve!