Recipe by Loves To Cook but NOT clean up
A simple, basic crab dip that feeds a crowd. My mom makes this in bulk for parties because it goes so quickly plus she has to make some to keep at home or we don't get any!
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, leg style
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature (very important for mixing reasons).
- Finely mince yellow onion.
- Rough chop the imitation Crab meat. You can use leg style or flake style. I prefer leg style and a more fine chop.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise and milk to mixer and combine until smooth. You can hand mix this but you will have chunks of cream cheese as it is tough to mix by hand. I have done it and still tastes wonderful.
- Fold in the crab meat and onions.
- Can be served immediately but I prefer to refrigerate for a couple of hours. Refrigerating firms up the cream cheese and allows time for the flavors to blend. Even one hour in the cold makes a difference.
- Serve with Ritz crackers, Town House crackers or a good quality cracker or baguette.