Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this ages ago on the food network site. It is definitely the best crabcake recipe out there (and I have tried many!) Serve with a spicy mayo made of 1 cup mayo, 3 T chili sauce and 1 T lemon juice.
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Carefully pick over the crabmeat feeling for bits of shell and cartilage and discarding them.
- Stir in the peppers, seasoning and mayonnaise.
- Stir in up to 1/2 cup of bread crumbs to mixture or as much is needed to bind ingredients.
- Shape into 4 - 6 cakes, depending on desired size. Place on a plate and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Dip each cake into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, and cook cakes on each side until golden brown.